How do I create a post?
You can create a post by clicking on the "New Post" link in your site dropdown menu. Once there you can choose from 10 different types of posts.
What are the different kind of posts?
There are 10 types of posts available. You can choose from Text, Gallery, Layout, Link, Chat, Poll, Quiz, Quote, Video, and Audio. Each post type offers a unique way to share content with your readers. Click on each type to learn more.
- Text: Create a basic post with images and links.
- Gallery: Upload a gallery of photos.
- Layout: Create a magazine-style editorial layouts with pictures and products.
- Poll: Let your readers vote on a particular question.
- Quiz: Create a multiple choice-style quiz for your readers.
- Quote: A specifically styled post created to share quotes easily.
- Link: Easily share a link on your site.
- Chat: A clean layout to display IM conversations.
- Video: Upload a video to your site.
- Audio: Upload an audio file to your site.
What are advanced options?
Clicking on the “Advanced Options” link will open up an area where you can set categories, tags, and publishing times.
What are categories and tags?
You can group your stories into categories and tags. Think of them as filing systems. Something can be filed in a category, and still have tags associated to them. For example, you could have a category called “Shoes” and a tag for “flats.”
Why would I want to use categories and tags?
Using categories and tags helps you and your readers find posts easily. By clicking on one category, you can get a full listing of all posts tagged with that same category. Same goes for tags. This is also helpful when trying to find new and related content.