How do I upload an image?
To upload an image, click on the yellow picture icon in the rich text editor. This will pop open our media assist box.
What are the different tabs in the media assist?
The five different tabs are Search Shopstyle, Search Getty, Upload Image,Your Images, and Your Bookmarks.
- Search Shopstyle: Here you can choose from thousands of products available through ShopStyle. Be sure to select your filter (women, teens, living, etc.) before clicking “Go.” To learn how to monetize on these images, learn more about our ShopSense program.
- Search Getty: With OnSugar you have free access to hundreds of thousands of Getty Images®. Illustrate your posts with the latest celebrity and news images. Note: Due to legal reasons, if you have domain mapped your site, you will no longer have access to Getty Images®.
- Upload Image: Here you can upload an image from your computer, or from a URL.
- Your Images: Easy access to the images you have uploaded. Note: These images can not be managed, and are just a quick reference to our database that lists everything you have uploaded. We do not currently have a space limitation, so there is no need to delete images.
- Your Bookmarks: Easy access to items you have created links and bookmarks for. Learn more about creating bookmarks.
Will my images be resized?
When you select an image, a “Choose” tab will present itself. Here you can select from several different size options. Note: Most themes cannot accommodate anything larger than X-Large (550).
How do I change the alignment of my image/make my text wrap around it?
When you select your image, make sure you choose your alignment. If you leave it as normal, text will not wrap. Selecting left pushes the image to the left of the wrapped text, right to the right of the text. If you select center, your image will appear above your text, and centered in your post.
How do I make my image a link?
When you are on the “Choose” tab you can set the link to None or Full. None will leave it blank, and Full will make it a link to the full-sized image. If you want to make your image a link to somewhere else, you need to add it first. Once it is added to the rich text editor, you can click on it and then click the link icon. You will then be able to add the link information.
What are the additional options for the Getty Images®?
When you select a Getty Image®, you have the option to automatically include a condensed caption or a detailed one.
What are the additional options for the ShopStyle images?
In addition to a condensed and detailed caption, you also have the option of including the sale price of the item.
What type of posts can I add images to?
You can add images to all post types except Chat and Quote.
How do I upload an image for my theme?
Read our post on creating a theme to learn more about theme images.
What is the description field under the choose tab?
When you upload an image, a description field will be visible on our media assist box. You can add a brief description of your photo to make it easier for other people to find your great images. Plus, as an added bonus, adding an image description will help your Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and sites like Google and Bing find your blog.